Regular Season 2019 Mid-March through November 30th
Operating Hours Monday through Saturday 10am – 5pm. Sunday 1pm – 5pm.
Hours of operation are subject to change during special events.
Check back for Winter Hours after November.
During inclement weather and for some projects we close the zoo. To get information about schedule changes you may check our Facebook Page.
Admission Price is $12.95 for ages 13 and up. $10.00 for ages 2 and up. Children under 2 are free with a paid admission.
Last tickets are sold at 4pm daily.
Group Rates are available for schools/churches. To obtain group rates please contact us by email or phone at 276.479.1910
Buying Tickets You may obtain tickets at the zoo’s entrance by paying with cash, credit, or debit cards. We do not accept personal checks.
Contact Us Email the zoo: firstname.lastname@example.org Call the zoo: 276.479.1910
Creation Kingdom Zoo is located in Scott County, Virginia at 1642 Snowflake Road in Gate City. We are approximately 5 miles outside of the town limits in Virginia’s rolling hill country. Most GPS units will work fine however here are some easy directions to follow.
From the direction of Johnson City and Kingsport, TN take I-26 WEST and it will turn into US 23 North at the state line at Weber City, VA. Stay on US 23N and travel through Weber City. Once you leave Weber City there will be a short stretch of road that separates Weber City from Gate City. Upon entering Gate City make a RIGHT at the first light and proceed toward the business district.
Proceed to to the first light and turn RIGHT at Gate City High School. Proceed about 1/2 mile to the stop sign and turn RIGHT on East Jackson which turns into the Nickelsville Highway.
Travel approximately 5 miles and turn LEFT at the zoo sign on to Snowflake Road. Follow this road to the gated entrance and proceed through to the parking area.
If in doubt or you get lost just give us a call and we’ll be happy to help you get here. 276.479.1910.
Please bring your camera. When we design new habitats we think of the animals but we also think about visitors. Our natural habitats are designed to give you a great view of the animals. You can get really close and get fantastic photos.
It is our responsibility to make sure that all of our guests & residents remain safe at all times. Creation Kingdom Zoo is known for going the extra mile to make sure you get great views & photos while not making the animals uncomfortable. We respectfully ask that you follow these rules.
– Never taunt or tease any animal. Feel free to talk to them but do not try to agitate them.
– Never cross over any barrier to get closer to an animal.
– Do not throw anything at the animals and this includes food. You may feel free to give designated animals food purchased at the gift shop.
– No outside food or drinks will be alllowed in the habitat areas.
– No drink straws are permitted.
– Do not let small children stand on fences or go under them.
– Rope barriers are not designed to hold weight. Do not sit on these or any other barrier.
– Be sure to keep an eye on your little ones at all times.
– Our zoo is set on terrain that is sloped. Please watch your step at all times.
– Some animals may come close enough to touch. Do so at your own risk. Most will not harm you however we encourage caution.
– No outside animals are permitted in the zoo.
– Do not let the birds climb on you. They may rip out items such as piercings from you and also bite.
– Please place trash in designated containers.
– No coolers
– No weapons.
– No smoking on zoo property.
– Report any safety issues or rude guests to the staff at the front gate.
– Have fun at all times.
– Tell us what you thought about Creation Kingdom Zoo.